GUN LAWS DEFENSE IN MARYLAND
Most weapons charges have very serious penalties in Maryland. Law enforcement is not tolerant when weapons are used illegally, and the full force of the legal system will be brought to bear on you in such a case. If you have been charged with any weapons offense in Maryland, it is crucial that you contact a SRIS Law Group weapons offense attorney.
The following are some of the different types of weapons charges:
- Possession of a concealed weapon
- The use of a weapon in the commission of a felony act
- Brandishing a dangerous weapon
- Possession of a weapon by a convicted felon
- Illegal transportation or selling of firearms
- Possession of a firearm without a legal permit
Have you been charged with a weapons offense in Maryalnd? Are you facing a weapons offense in Maryalnd?
How your case is handled may make all the difference in world as to how your life progresses from this potentially traumatic event. Don’t let someone who will not keep you informed as to the status of your case keep you in the dark. The relationship you have with your attorney during this very difficult period can have a substantial impact on your mental health. You need and deserve a lawyer who is looking out for you.
You want a lawyer who will take the time to sit down with you and explain the process and why a particular strategy is being used. You want a lawyer who will listen to you and keep your best interests at heart.
If you need help to defend yourself against a weapons offense in Maryalnd, then contact the SRIS Law Group Maryland weapons charge defense lawyers for help.
How can a SRIS Law Group lawyer help you?
First and foremost, we will discuss your case with you. We will explain to you the different options you have and the pros and cons of each option. We do not require clients to come in and sit down and talk with us. Certainly, our clients are welcome to come in and talk with us. However, we understand that clients are very busy and may not have the time to come to the office. Therefore, we allow clients to consult with us by phone first and let the clients decide whether they need to come in and meet with their attorney. To learn more about how a SRIS Law Group can help you, please call us at 888-437-7747 and speak with a lawyer the same day.
Our Maryland weapons crimes defense attorneys will do their best to help you.
(a) The presence of a machine gun in a room, boat, or vehicle is evidence of the possession or use of the machine gun by each person occupying the room, boat, or vehicle.
(b) This subtitle does not prohibit or interfere with:
(1) the manufacture, sale, and transportation of a machine gun for or to a military force or peace officer of the United States, a state, or a political subdivision of a state;
(2) the possession of a machine gun for a scientific purpose;
(3) the possession, as a curiosity, ornament, or keepsake, of a machine gun that cannot be used as a weapon; or
(4) the possession of a machine gun for a purpose that is manifestly not aggressive or offensive.
(c) (1) A court may issue a warrant to search for and seize a machine gun possessed in violation of this subtitle under the same procedure as for issuance of a warrant for stolen property.
(2) On application by the State’s Attorney, a court may order the confiscation or destruction of a legally seized machine gun or the transfer of the machine gun to a peace officer of the State or a political subdivision of the State.
The SRIS Law Group lawyers assist clients in the following counties in Maryland:
Montgomery County, Prince Georges County, Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Anne Arundel County, Howard County, Harford County, Frederick County, Carroll County, Cecil, Kent, Queen Anne’s, Talbot, Caroline, Dorchester, Somerset, Worcester, Baltimore Federal Court, Greenbelt Federal Court, Eastern Shore, Ocean City.