As the use of internet and social media platforms have rapidly increased throughout the world, the governing bodies are facing multiple challenges while dealing with its increasing adverse effects regarding the breach of law and order. Gadgets, such as tablets and mobile phones have made it easier for all age of people to mix up and communicate with each other irrespective of time and location. The unmonitored conversations of minors with strangers often takes a dangerous turn for the minor. The governing bodies are therefore continuously working on their legislation to strengthen their criminal laws against any such activities, especially with minors. Monitoring or restricting the use of mobiles phones are not much in the hands of parents and governing bodies as these gadgets have plenty of other advantages. However, Prince William Virginia law enforcement bodies are taking strict measures against victimizing any minor for any kind of criminal offense. Prince William Virginia laws are quite strict while dealing with child sexual harassment or solicitation. Even the sexual offense done through an electronic medium is highly monitored and harshly punished by the Prince William Virginia court. These online sexual offenses of minors includes
- Develop or asking for Child pornography
- Possessing / or downloading child pornography
- Distributing or uploading the child pornographic material on any other website
- Sonication of minors for any of the following act
- Asking the child to Meet up at the offender’s house with an intention of committing sexual abuse
- Asking the minor to meet for the conducting the act of prostitution
- Asking the minor to Meet the child for developing child pornography
- Asking the minor to meet for having any kind of sexual relationship (irrespective of being forces) with a minor if the abuser is above 21
The Prince William Virginia law has strict rules and tough laws for online soliciting and any such kind of serious sexual offenses especially conducted with minors.
What is a solicitation of minor in Prince William Virginia?
In Prince William Virginia, the law enforcement officers consider sex crime and online solicitation very serious criminal offense and the offender who is proven guilty of this crime suffer severe punishments and imprisonment. Though Prince William Virginia is known for being harsh with their sex crime criminal offenders but being charged sexual abuse charges of a minor leads the offender into hot waters.
Solicitation means that the offender who is an adult according to the law of Virginia has contacted a minor who is under the age bracket of 18 with an intention of carrying any kind of sexual activities or abuse. As solicitation of minor is considers a major sexual offense in Prince William Virginia, in such scenarios offenders are charged just for their intention irrespective of the actual occurrence of the event.
According to the Virginia Code § 18.2-374.3 “It is unlawful for any person to use a communications system, including but not limited to computers or computer networks or bulletin boards, or any other electronic means for the purposes of procuring or promoting the use of a minor for any activity in violation of § 18.2-370 or 18.2-374.1. A violation of this subsection is a Class 6 felony. It is unlawful for any person 18 years of age or older to use a communications system, including but not limited to computers or computer networks or bulletin boards, or any other electronic means, for the purposes of soliciting, with lascivious intent, any person he knows or has reason to believe is a child younger than 15 years of age to knowingly and intentionally take part in sexual activities”
These activities were listed as:
- Exposing his genital to any child
- Asking the child to feel or fondle his own genitals
- Asking the child to perform sexual intercourse including;
- Anal intercourse
- Or any other which are accounted under section 18.2 – 361
- Or enticing the child to meet up at a private place with any kind of sexual intention.